Bryan,
I will print and parse your suggestions.  Afraid I may be even more behind.
The best I can offer are PCI-66 slots on an old Intel STL2 m/b (think this is ServerWerz chipset/design). Know this may be way past its' prime, but this beast just will not die.
Yes, I may be trying to beat a horse that ain't quite dead yet.....
Still learning. I'll get back to you. Let me parse, absorb, and, think. There are a few times when Technology can just suck!
Thanks,
Duncan