Well, I'm very glad for you, I'm also lucky in the fact that nothing
there was to critical and/or can be transferred again.
However, this did indeed happen. I also looked up the info as I have
described to everyone & that is a fact. The only other thing I can think
of is, I went from an internal sata port to a USB3 ext sata cable?

Regardless. If you have a GPT drive - UNMOUNT/REMOVE from DISK MGMT! If
you forget, DO NOTHING - plug it back in where it was & then
REMOVE/UNMOUNT... This may or may not apply to UEFI - I don't have UEFI
& I don't care to right now.

Regards,
joeuser - Still looking for the 'any' key...

"...now these points of data make a beautiful line..."