I am in the process of taking a old Thinkpad X41 Tablet,that had Win7 on it and setting it up to multiboot new installs of . Win7 PRO SP1 and XPProSP3. XP is installed and uses a 6GB partition. The only purpose of running XP is to run a single legacy USB device. There is nothing else installed on XP.I won't be using a browser or anything on the internet.

The laptop will primary use Win7 PRO. So will Win7 pro Trim the XP partition when it is booted up? Thanks m

At 12:08 PM 8/2/2014, you wrote:
XP doesn't support TRIM, the lack of which can slow SSDs down over time.
Some handle it better than others. If it's a Samsung or Intel, install the
manufacturer's utility and run the optimization. If it's anything else, the
drive needs secure erased.

Staying with XP should not be considered an option. Same goes for MSE, since
it has turned to crap.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hardware [mailto:hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf
Of FORC5
Sent: Saturday, August 2, 2014 1:38 PM
To: hardw...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] SSD and XP ?

Any long term problem putting a SSD in XP ? What should I check ?

Have one here with a SSD that has really slowed down. Not sure yet if the
SSD or something else. Right off MSE went dormant so I need to remove and
replace with something.
Older Toshiba laptop. Them getting anything newer is not a option. I do have
some regular laptop drives I could put in.
thanks
fp

Date:  Saturday, August 2nd, 2014

         ***Caution Tagline Below***