Just go buy Partedmagic to wipe the drive... this is only 5 bucks at partedmagic.com. You will find plenty of support for the program in their forums. Greg wrote about this last week.

At 05:03 PM 8/2/2014, you wrote:

On 08/02/2014 18:45, Greg Sevart wrote:

"optimize" the drive. Just run that occasionally within W7 and you should be
fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hardware [mailto:hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf
Of Winterlight
Sent: Saturday, August 2, 2014 4:08 PM
To: hardw...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] SSD and XP ?

I am in the process of taking a old Thinkpad X41 Tablet,that had Win7 on it
and setting it up to multiboot new installs of . Win7 PRO SP1 and XPProSP3.
XP is installed and uses a 6GB partition. The only purpose of running XP is
to run a single legacy USB device. There is nothing else installed on XP.I
won't be using a browser or anything on the internet.

   The laptop will primary use Win7 PRO. So will Win7 pro Trim the XP
partition when it is booted up? Thanks m