Hey guys,

So my new work uses GSuite instead of Exchange for work emails...shocking to me
but I guess the move to the Cloud is really real...!

The problem is that I've lived and breathed Outlook for the last 20 years for
email and I pretty much have all the workflows I need in it down (rules of all
kinds, etc, etc).  I also have a Hotmail/Outlook.com account for my personal
email and that also works great in Outlook and so I'm used to doing all my
email/contacts/calendar etc in one place.  This setup also synced great to my
iPhone and I was happy with it.

The problem I'm having now is that I'm not sure how best to set things up in
Outlook with the new Gmail account for work...any general suggestions would be
welcome (like which account I should set up as the default one on my phone or
in Outlook-my work account or Hotmail?), etc.

More specifically, one BIG problem I'm having is that when I added my work
Gmail account to Outlook 2019 it sync'ed my email and that mostly works
fine-BUT I do NOT have a calendar of any kind showing up at all on the Gmail
account in Outlook 2019...which is really weird to me (no Contacts either btw).
 But when I get invites sent to my work email I can accept them and then they
are added to the Calendar showing up in my Hotmail account (which is where I
put my personal appts) and made my default once I left the old job (yeah no
longer with Citrix/NetScaler after 19 years!)

But when I log into the Gmail calendar on the web those items are definitely
not sync'd with the items on my Hotmail calendar (like when I accept the invite
through Outlook 2019 it's just adding it to that Calendar showing in Outlook
and doing nothing with the Gmail calendar)-so I'd have to manage two calendars
which I'd like to avoid...

I've also noticed that certain items are not showing up in the Outlook calendar
that are on my Gmail calendar and I'm not sure why as I've accepted all the
invites I could find so that's worrying me too...

Anyway obviously I've mostly got questions right now about the Gmail calendar
and basically why I don't have it showing up in Outlook and how I can get the
Gmail calendar sync to what's showing on my Hotmail calendar so I don't have to
manage two separate calendars...

Thoughts?  Any help would be REALLY appreciated.  Oh and I can't ask Corp IT
b/c they don't want anyone using Outlook just all the GSuite stuff over the web
and so I'm not getting any help there sadly...

    BINO