Bob wrote:
While it's still in its initial stages, I would like to advocate for the importance of the Java 2 Security Model, and that it is implemented correctly. Past free Javas have essentially ignored this aspect of Java. However, the security model is precisely what makes Java more than simply a subset of C++ with a nice class library. It is what allows Java to do NEW things that weren't already possible with the old tools we had, such as GCC.

I'm also interested in ensuring that Harmony can use other security models, particularly object capabilities.

2. Bytecode verifier

Forgive my ignorance - why is this necessary?

Cheers,

Ben.