El jue, 02-06-2005 a las 02:11 +0200, Leo Simons escribió:
> On 01-06-2005 18:27, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I thought about it.
>
> Me too.
>
> > I'm not sure we'd have a project for someone,
> > but if we do, it's a good thing for us to do.
>
> I'm not sure, but I don't really think so. Harmony has a lot to figure out
> for itself (there's not exactly a very experienced stable community yet with
> a lot of leftover capacity for teaching open source community skills) before
> taking this on.

I posted a proposal in the wiki
http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2005

It is about integrating the BCEL class verifier with one or more OS JVM
(written in C or Java).

JikesRVM has no current class verifier, neither jamvm or sableVM. As far
as I know, the spec mandates to have class verification (I just read it
in my JVM Spec (a bit old).

I have been testing how feasible it is, and it looks the right size for
someone interested in understanding this world, and something doable in
a summer.

Regards
Santiago

--