Hi,

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 22:17 -0700, Weldon Washburn wrote:
> Also, the following mail archive says that Apache has issues with CPL code:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200503.mbox/[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]
>
> Does MMTK exist under any other license?

That seems to be similar to how we (FSF/GNU) look at the CPL. It is a
free software license. But since it is incompatible with the GPL (has
different requirements on distribution) we are happy to use it for
standalone use in applications, but we won't use such code bases for
creating larger derivative works. (Note that gcj use the
Boehm-Demers-Weiser garbage collector, kaffe has its own, but can also
use boehm and jamvm has its own memory manager.)

Cheers,

Mark