Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
Lets not store code in the wiki, but rather SVN. There's no control on a WIKI, so we have no clue what it is or really where it came from.

I totally agree with that, I just didn't know if I have SVN write access
and how we structure the repository. I guess it would be good to set up
a "playground" or "sandbox" where we can play around with prototypes
like the one I've provided.

As you know, we are being very careful about code pedigree for all sorts of good reasons. If you would like to get this code into SVN so others can start tweaking and playing, we should do that.

1) To get started, first look at the Authorized Contributor Questionnaire (ACQ)

 http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/auth_cont_quest.html

or

 http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/auth_cont_quest.txt

and fill out a copy, print it, and sign it.  Fax to

  +1 203 665 6400

(that's my fax #).

2) Fill out an ICLA as required by part IV of the ACQ above

  http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

print it, and sign it.  Fax to same number.

I have sent both documents via snail mail to

Apache Software Foundation
1901 Munsey Drive,
Forest Hill, MD 21050-2747
U.S.A.

should I still fax it to you anyway?

Assuming that all is well with the ACQ, this means that we can accept the code you have put in the WIKI into SVN for people to start playing with. You will have to add the code to a JIRA entry for the project, so you can definitively offer it under the Apache license.

Note that we are going to be testing the contribution process that we have thought out, so please be patient :)

Sure, no problem. I just thought we should start talking about code
rather than abstract ideas.

Regards, David.

geir