Anthony,

To restate the obvious, If i choose to, i can use another compiler
(say VC++ on Windows -
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/win_compiling.html) and not care
about GCC's GPL+Exception.

Let's see if you guys have enough pull with FSF to make at least GPL
v3 (http://gplv3.fsf.org/process-definition) compatible with ASL 2.0
as-is. If it's not, a temporary bridge is of no use. no?

More seriously, if there is a legal concern about Apache's use of GCC
stuff, it should come through the right channels.

-- dims