Hi Tim,

Enrico Migliore wrote:
does the MSVC port library support the windowing system of Windows?

No (but I can recommend SWT as a cross-platform windowing model ;-) )

the consequence of that is that, at the moment, the Harmony Class Library can only support console based applications, right?

I don't get exactly how and in which terms we can use the SWT (cross-platform GUI develiped by IBM)....

Does instead, the port library for UNIX support any windows manager?

And yet, what happened to the proposal of using the Apache Portable
Runtime as an interface to the native layer?

I believe it remains a proposal.  Artem Aliev did some work on using APR
as a portability layer (by coding the Harmony portlib to APR) in late
February, and reported his findings to the list[1].  AFAIK nobody has
continued this work.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200602.mbox/[EMAIL
 PROTECTED]