Enrico Migliore wrote:
>>> does the MSVC port library support the windowing system of Windows?
>>
>> No (but I can recommend SWT as a cross-platform windowing model ;-) )
>>
> the consequence of that is that, at the moment, the Harmony Class
> Library can only support console based applications, right?

Well we can't run apps that require AWT or Swing at the moment, but we
can run GUI apps (like Eclipse and RSSOwl) that are SWT-based.

Of course, the plan is for Harmony to have AWT and Swing code.

> I don't get exactly how and in which terms we can use the SWT
> (cross-platform GUI develiped by IBM)....

SWT is available under the EPL.  I was only teasing though, it is not a
solution for our need to write the JSE windowing libraries.

> Does instead, the port library for UNIX support any windows manager?

AFAIK you generally choose a windowing manager and code to it -- I'm
unaware of any cross-manager port libraries (but I'm not a UI person so
there may well be such a thing).

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Java technology centre, UK.