2006/4/7, Enrico Migliore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> >>Does instead, the port library for UNIX support any windows manager?
> >
> >AFAIK you generally choose a windowing manager and code to it -- I'm
> >unaware of any cross-manager port libraries (but I'm not a UI person so
> >there may well be such a thing).

There is a wxWindows cross platform C++ library but it has a very big
abstraction layer overhead on top of platform APIs. Also there is GTK+ which
has a win32 port and some linux native applications like gimp and xchat have
win32 native ports to windows. QT is also free for non profit usage, but
only for non-profit.

I see what you are saying: all windowing native issues are managed by
> SWT or AWT, therefore the port library dosen't include and windowing
> native functions. Right?

I am not a UI person as well but as far as I know you are right. Porting
layers for UI are huge and not trivial, and there is nothing about UI in the
port library.