On 4/18/06, Mark Hindess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I thought my first message in this thread made this clear but obviously not.
>
> I'm not suggesting that code would care if the exception messages are
> identical.  I was suggesting that it is probably now quite common for
> users to type error messages straight in to google.  Therefore having
> messages match those of existing implementations would help our users
> find the cause of an exception.

Yes, right. I saw several times like people did that and even did by
myself for javac.

If I remember we decided not to copy the mesages because it is
*possibly* a legal isssue and maybe copyrightable. Is it possible to
ask apache legal? Probably the answer will solve our problems :-).

Wishes,
--
Anton Avtamonov,