On 4 May 2006 at 21:43, "Ivan Volosyuk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> DRLVM compiled fine on my home computer. Eclipse works.
> Configuration:
>   Gentoo stable, not much up to date.
>   gcc (GCC) 3.3.6 (Gentoo 3.3.6, ssp-3.3.6-1.0, pie-8.7.8)
>   Binutils: 2.16.1
>   Kernel: 2.6.15.6

I'm using Debian testing and I'd tried downgrading everything except
binutils which would have been a little too much trouble.  So I ended up
building a chroot image with Debian sarge/stable.  I then installed the
ant and ant-optional packages from testing.  The build then worked!

The key package versions required were:

ant-optional/testing 1.6.5-5
ant/testing 1.6.5-5
binutils-dev/stable 2.15-6
binutils/stable 2.15-6
g++-3.3/stable 1:3.3.5-13
g++/stable 4:3.3.5-3
gcc-3.3-base/stable 1:3.3.5-13
gcc-3.3/stable 1:3.3.5-13
gcc/stable 4:3.3.5-3
libstdc++5-3.3-dev/stable 1:3.3.5-13
libstdc++5/stable 1:3.3.5-13

> One build issue:
>  When using /usr/bin/ant compilation failed even for ant-1.6.5, I have
> compiled custom ant in home directory and it worked for me.
>
> I'm going to upgrade to Gcc 4.x and fix the compilation on it.

Cool.  Keep us posted with progress.

Regards,
 Mark.