OK I see.

I had some thoughts on merging the tests. Are we going to merge several tests
into a single file (thus losing their histories) or we will add a
digit to the names and
put into the same folder?

For example we have math tests from at least 3 sources and currently
some of the tests are of several megabytes long. Are we going to mix all them
into a single file?

Thanks,
Mikhail

2006/5/11, George Harley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> George
>
> Is there any reason to make this changes now rather then complete
> discussion
> around the tests layout?
>
> Thanks,
> Mikhail

Hi Mikhail,

Good point, I should have referenced that discussion. My proposed
changes are not intended to be the last word on the tests layout but
more an attempt to tidy up the tests into a smaller set of packages so
that it is hopefully easier to make the agreed changes in the future.
For instance, we presently have a number of test classes in different
packages (but with the same base name) that are testing the same API
types - I think there is value in merging these scattered tests together
so that we can all see precisely where the tests for a given public API
type should go. This will hopefully make it easier for folks to supply
patches that include unit test code as it removes any possible
ambiguities about which unit test class should contain the changes. It
would remove something I have seen a few times where separate JIRA
reports fixing bugs in a particular type supply unit test changes to
different test classes.

Best regards,
George