On 5/18/06, Chris Gray  wrote:

On Thursday 18 May 2006 06:11, Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> 2006/5/18, Chris Gray
> > On Wednesday 17 May 2006 20:27, Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> > > Just FYI...
> > > We WILL have cyclic dependencies. In AWT and Swing modules for
example.

> > Sorry, you've lost me. Do you mean AWT depends on Swing? That seems
odd.

> Not much, but...
>
> Check java.awt.im.spi.InputMethodContext interface for example. One of
> its methods returns JFrame.

Blech. That also means Swing (or a stub) needs to be on the bootclasspath
if
AWT is used. (Just like java.security depends on java.awt, so even
headless
systems need to have java.awt.AWTPermission - but at least that's all
within
java.*).

AFAIK  java.security doesn't depend on java.awt.

Thanks,
Stepan.

Now that you mention it, I think we came across another example recently
where
a java.* class depended on a javax.* one, just for one stupid method.
Modularity is not Sun's strong suit.

Thanks,

Chris

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                             +32 3 216 0369

Stepan Mishura