Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Tim Ellison wrote:
>> This is still work in progress, but thought it would be good to give a
>> quick update on where I am at the moment:
<snip>
>> Now you can run javac.
>
> Very cute!  Do you intend module/tools to remain not part of the build?

It will become part of the build once it is as-good-as done.

I'm trying to do a balancing act between /not/ dumping my junk into SVN
as I go along, and developing in the open | collaboratively.
Suggestions for re-balancing are more than welcome.

<snip>

>> - For now, the o.a.h.tools.javac.Main wrapper looks for the compiler in
>> a hard-coded JAR filename (ecj_3.2RC5.jar).  Just wondering whether to
>> embed that JAR in the tools.jar, or look for the compiler in *.jar, or
>> ...?
>
> Can we give it a 'known' pattern like "harmony_javac_ecj_3.2rc5.jar" or
> such so we can mechanically find it w/o a long search, yet also remember
> the version that we're using?

The file ecj_3.2RC5.jar is the exact binary download from eclipse.org
(renamed from their generic ecj.jar).  Prefixing with harmony_ probably
isn't appropriate, but I could pick-up the first ecj_*.jar that I find.

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Java technology centre, UK.