Hi Stepan:

Seems the new framework for serialization has added to Harmony, I'm trying it and find it interesting. However I have a few questions:

1. It is strange that SerializationTest is an abstract class extends junit.framework.testcase, in this case I can either (a) extends SerializationTest directly, implements getData() and run, it shall run "testSelf" and "testGolden", but how to control more complex situation in this way? or (b) write a test extends testcase, and use static methods "verifySelf" and "verifyGolden" in SerializationTest as Guidelines says, however I wonder why it extends testcase?

2. It is strange verifyGolden(test, object) has two parameter, but in the example in the Guidelines says:"
        public void testSerializationCompatibility()
                throws Exception {
            SerializationTest.verifyGolden(new SomeSerializableClass());
        }"  something lost?
And I guess the first parameter is used only to parse the name of resource file. If so, may it change the parameter to a String, or something else?

3. The test needs ser-files, so it may be necessary to add a method to create this file easily just like the old framework. I find a protected method produceGoldenFiles(), is that used for it (why protected?)? This may be necessary to guildance. What's more, the ser-file must be end with ".ser", but in new framework, I still find it uses ".dat" . And the path is "test/common/unit/..." but in Harmony's Test Guildance tells:"/src/test/resources/serialization..."

Your comments? Thanks!

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv