Hi Stepan,

I tried serialization test framework, and found it's really easy to use. :)

Here I have a small question: why TestCase is designed as first parameter?

If I understand correctly, it's used to parse exception name. So is it the
same  if we simply pass the String or Class of the object to
SerializationTest?

Maybe it's a tradeoff for highly automated, still I think pass String or
Class is not a big deal for user.

Did I miss something? Or TestCase is used for other reasons?

Thanks!

On 6/30/06, Stepan Mishura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 6/30/06, Jimmy, Jing Lv wrote:

> Stepan Mishura wrote:
> > Hi Jimmy,
> >
> <SNIP>
> > 3. The test needs ser-files, so it may be necessary to add a method to
> >> create this file easily just like the old framework. I find a
protected
> >> method produceGoldenFiles(), is that used for it (why protected?)?
This
> >> may be necessary to guildance.
> >> What's more, the ser-file must be end with ".ser", but in new
> framework,
> >> I still find it uses ".dat" . And the path is "test/common/unit/..."
> but
> >> in Harmony's Test Guildance
> tells:"/src/test/resources/serialization..."
> >

> > Yes, I agree that utility method for producing golden files will be
> useful.
> > I didn't think how to implement it yet - so suggestion and patches are
> > welcome.
> >

> I see now, thank you very much Stepan! :)
> To produce golden files,  I believe a little change to
> produceGoldenFiles() may meet this requirement. I'd like to help.:)

Great!

But first of all it may change its search path, as when I create a new
> test and try verifyGolden(), I find a FileNotFoundException. It seems
> trying to search "test/common/unit/.../SomeTest.golden.dat", is that
> because of serialization-test for security? Waiting for your refactoring
> :)
>

> Currently the framework search resource files in the next order:
it tries to load a resource file from the classpath (resource file name
should follow new conventions); if it failed then it loads it in 'old' way
(
i.e. using RESOURCE_DIR system property). The 'old' way will be removed
after completing 'security' tests migration.

If you see FileNotFoundException then it means that the framework can find
resource file on the classpath. Please check that:
1) a resource file follows new naming conventions
2) a resource file is on the classpath

BTW, I've refactored one security test[1]. You may wish to use it as
example.

Thanks,
Stepan Mishura

P.S.
I'll have random access to e-mail starting next week. Please expect some
delay in response.

[1]

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/security/src/test/api/java/org/apache/harmony/security/tests/java/security/serialization/KeyPairTest.java?revision=418191&view=markup