One question, why do we need write barriers for 'putstatic' bytecode?
This fields appear in root set and does not represent heap to heap
references. There is no need to add write barriers to this entities.

This is good that the patch doesn't conflict with HARMONY-581. I can
continue my experiments with C garbage collector.
--
Ivan