On 7/20/06, Geir Magnusson Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> Add this line to the test to clarify the situation:
>                        System.out.println(ss.getInetAddress());
>
> I think that for PC with multiple network adapters serversocket IP must
be
> specified manually.

I don't think so.  "0.0.0.0" should mean all of them, right?

Yes. a socket listens on "0.0.0.0" means on it listens on all of network
interfaces on this machine. It's often used for binding function.
But the behaviour of connecting to "0.0.0.0" is unspeicified. At least,
windows treats it as invalid target address, while linux allows it.

geir