Oliver Deakin wrote:
Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that a new 5.0 level IBM VME will be made available soon at:
 http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/harmony/index.html

The new VME downloads are named Harmony-vme-win.IA32-v4.zip and Harmony-vme-linux.IA32-v4.tar.gz. I would like to stress that if you download these packages now, they will *not* work with the class library code currently in Harmony Subversion. I have created a new JIRA (HARMONY-1084) containing patches for Harmony classlib and the Eclipse Harmony plugin which are required to be able to use the new VME. The patches make the following changes:
- Change Java build target from jsr14 to 1.5 :)
- Change the bootclasspath system property name from com.ibm.oti.system.class.path to org.apache.harmony.boot.class.path - Create a new org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.Environment class that contains two (currently stubbed) getenv() methods. Once these methods are implemented, VM writers will be able to redirect System.getenv() calls to this class. - Rename clearvm.dll/libclearvm.so to harmonyvm.dll/libharmonyvm.so, and update the launchers reference to this library. - Rename clearvm.properties to harmonyvm.properties, and update the Eclipse plugin to find this file. - Update tests.api.java.lang.reflect.ArrayTest and tests.api.java.lang.ThreadGroupTest to reflect changes between 1.4 and 5.0 behaviour.

Once the classlib patch has been applied, you will need to download the new VME in order to continue developing with the IBM VM. The previous version of the VME will no longer be compatible.

I will send out a further mail when the new VME is available to download and use.

Regards,
Oliver

Great! :)

Eager to hear sounds of testNG :)