Ive just tried this on my Win XP SP2 machine and all test run through fine
for me.

The "Access is denied" error sounds symptomatic of another process holding
onto the file and blocking your test run. Are there any other java processes
hanging around that might be causing problems?

Tim Ellison wrote:
Hmm, works for me on Win XP SP2.  What are you using?

Anyone else see this problem?

Mikhail Loenko wrote:
I'm trying to build and run the tests with the new v4 VM and getting
the following error no Windows:

compile.tests:
    [echo] Compiling RMI api tests
   [javac] Compiling 6 source files to
C:\WS\Harmony1\modules\rmi\bin\test\api
   [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
   [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

run.tests.api:
    [echo] Running RMI api tests
   [junit] Running org.apache.harmony.rmi.RegistryTest
   [junit] (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software Foundation or
its licen
sors, as applicable.
   [junit] java version 1.5 (subset)

   [junit] Failed to open JVM DLL:
C:\WS\Harmony1\deploy\jdk\jre\bin\default\ha
rmonyvm (Access is denied. )

Linux is OK

Am I missing something?

Thanks,