Ok - I was testing with Tomcat 5.5.17 on Ubuntu and it seems to work wiht both release and debug builds.

Strange problem is that something is really slow - server start time is something like 17 sec on my machine, but 1.7 w/ Sun. Clearly something is broken.

geir

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
HARMONY-1363 has been committed - I've done all the work under linux, and now doing on windows based on the checkin.

Once I'm done there, I'll report back what I think we need to do first. There are clear problems with stack overflow (I had to disable StackTest and an assert in signals_ia32.cpp just to get it to run - the code is broken somewhere...) and from the app perspective, there appears to be some reflection problem with Tomcat. It's a NPE under release build, and more info under debug.

Anyway, moving forward....

geir

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
I now have things building and running with the 1363 patch - more work for the launcher was needed.

I'm now using the harmonyvm.properties file in the <vmdir>, and this is working well.

I am now able to run tests, although I have one failure in StackTest, and interestingly, the new testsuite that came with the thread manager isn't running.

So progress.