On 9/15/06, Alexey Varlamov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
2006/9/15, Gregory Shimansky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> 2006/9/15, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >

> > Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> > > Testing WindowsXP build.
> > > Have to disable this assersion:
> > assert(is_name_lowercase(library_name))  in
> > > natives_support.cpp file to run Hello application.
> >
> > Yes, I was staring that that last night, trying to figure out why
> > lowercase stuff is so important.
> >
> > Any clue?
> >

> I am not sure why this assertion fails, but I think I know why it is
> important. On windows file paths may be different as strings but point to
> the same file. To detect duplications among native modules it is necessary
> to have unified form to compare names as strings. So it seems like all
> library names should be lowercase. I dunno why one of them doesn't satisfy
> this requirement.
I recall there is port_filepath_canonical() method specifically to
solve this, and at least classpath items were canonicalized during VM
startup. Maybe this step is just missing for libraries... But why it
started to fail only now?

Because this code (call to port_filepath_canonical()) is commented out
with the last changes :-)

> I think this assertion failure needs investigation before we decide it
> should be removed.
Agree.