+1

BTW, why call it "RepositionLock"?

Tim Ellison wrote:
BTW, as I go through the code looking at the occurrences of 'new
Object()' and determining if they are used simply for their locks, I
figured we also need a way to record the check has been done.

So, if there is a 'new Object()' that is not simply a lock object (and
therefore named as we agreed) I'll mark it on the same line as
// $NON-LOCK-1$ so we can easily grep for divergences from the pattern.

Mikhail Fursov wrote:
Another variant is to use anonymous class without the name:
   Object lock = new Object(){};

But the name by itself (RepositionLock) serves like a comment.