Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
Chris Gray wrote:

Chris,

I personally think it would be *very* nice to have Wonka and friends
donated to the Harmony Project, if only as a starting point for a very
portable and embeddable JVM.

While Harmony is principally aimed at Java Standard Edition, it is not a
secret that many of us would like to continue on with Java Mobile
Edition once the standard edition is certified.

Don't forget that you can have an embeddable SE - it doesn't have to be ME.

I fully expect that over time, this project will have multiple virtual machines, as well as multiple builds for classlib to support various deployment platforms.

I think Wonka could be a great seed in that respect.

+1