Nadya, here is my 2 cents:

On 10/6/06, Morozova, Nadezhda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dear all,

Please go to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1631  to find a
patch for README.txt. Could you please find a chance to check whether the
information is up-to date?
(pay special attention to KNOWN ISSUES and TODO sections)
In this connection I'd like to ask you to:

1. Check whether we need info about the compilers described below:

      + Microsoft 32-bit C/C++ Compiler, version 7 or higher
        + Windows platform SDK
        + Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 or higher
        + Intel C++ Compiler, version 9.0

I think yes, we must point all of compilers we support. May be it worth to
point the GCC versions we tested too.
For example I'm not sure DRLVM is compilable with MSVC2005.

3.7 You can switch between the different compilers and modes by using
    the environment variables, as follows:

                            On Windows*:             |  On Linux*:

                            -------------------------+----------------------
    MSVC compiler     :     set CXX=msvc           # |  N/A
    Intel(R) compiler :     set CXX=icl              |  export CXX=icc
    GCC compiler      :     N/A                      |  export
CXX=gcc         etc

I think that this information is also useful.
Do you think that README file is too bloated?

4. Do we really need all stuff specified as additional (section
2.TOOLSAND   ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES REQUIRED FOR THE BUILD)?

I vote to have this chapter and + to describe briefly how to obtain and how
to set classlib directory.

Your suggestions/comments/ideas are very welcome. :)

Best regards,
Nadya Morozova

--
Mikhail Fursov