Hi, Egor:
    I have tried to run it on drlvm, but it reported error:

      Assertion failed!
      Progrma: ...java.exe
      File:Object_handles.cpp
      Line:99

      Expression: NULL==*p || (*p>=vm_heap_base_address() &&
*p<vm_heap_ceiling_address())

After I debug into it I got
(1)
Unhandled exception at 0x00711eed (harmonyvm.dll) in java.exe: User
breakpoint.

(2)The call stack is
harmonyvm.dll!_assert(const char * expr=0x007bd848, const char *
filename=0x007bd800, unsigned int lineno=99)  Line 295 C
 harmonyvm.dll!GcFrame::add_object(ManagedObject * * p=0x0013e9cc)  Line 99
+ 0x31 C++
 harmonyvm.dll!compile_protect_arguments(Method * method=0x0393da50,
GcFrame * gc=0x0013e95c)  Line 113 C++
 harmonyvm.dll!compile_jit_a_method(Method * method=0x0393da50)  Line 824 +
0xd C++
 013900dd()
 harmonyvm.dll!VM_Statistics::get_vm_stats()  Line 325 + 0x14 C++
 harmonyvm.dll!rth_get_interface_vtable(ManagedObject * obj=, Class *
iid=)  Line 674 + 0xc C++

(3)object_handles.cpp

void GcFrame::add_object(ManagedObject** p)
{
   assert(p);

//fails here:
   *assert(NULL == *p || (*p >= vm_heap_base_address()
       && *p < vm_heap_ceiling_address()));*

*
*    assert(!hythread_is_suspend_enabled());

   ensure_capacity();
   nodes->elements[nodes->obj_size+nodes->mp_size] =
nodes->elements[nodes->obj_size];
   nodes->elements[nodes->obj_size] = (void**)p;
   nodes->obj_size++;
}

On 12 Oct 2006 11:55:27 +0700, Egor Pasko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On the 0x200 day of Apache Harmony Leo Li wrote:
> Hi, all:
>      I now plan to make the self-host of Derby on Harmony.
>      Is there anyone interested in this topic?
>
>      Here is what I encountered in the process. Hope it will be helpful
> anybody who is interested in it.
>
>      At first, the testcases even fails on RI both on windows and ubuntu
and
> the result are different.???
>      After some struggiling, I have successfully passed the provided
> testcases on RI after I rebuild the source on my machine.
>      But there still remains a problem:
>      The derby team kindly rewrite the launcher for testcases in order
> treat J9 vm differently if the property java.vm.name starts with "j9".
But
> the j9 vm used in Harmony has been customized thus is different from
> traditional j9 vm that is expected by derby. This leads to failure to
launch
> tests.
>      I will talk on Derby's mailing list to find a solution.

Is it real to run Derby on DRLVM without intelligent tweaking of
Derby? I am looking forward at the moment when it is. Please, do not
hesitate to file a bug against DRLVM if you find it performing not
very well with Derby. That would be valuable!

I tried: 'java org.apache.derby.tools.sysinfo' and it produced a
quite-good output on my DRLVM snapshot, but I have no idea, how to run
the tests :)

P.S.: Congratulations, all! Today is the 0x200 day of Apache Harmony
(if I count it right:) We made a significant progress since. I love
the project! Let it keep going well! ;oP