A word of caution to those who are committing C/C++ code.  There are unique
features of Microsoft C/C++ that will cause a build failure on Linux and
vice versa.  For example, gcc expects that the end of a C/C++ file is a
blank line.  Microsoft does not.

To reduce svn HEAD problems, it would be great if committers can test all
commits on at least some windows box and some linux box.

On 10/9/06, Pavel Ozhdikhin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 10/9/06, Mikhail Loenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
>
> I'm sorry I did not catch how for example Nathan's commits will be
checked
> on the configurations he does not have?

Since we have the problem with diversity of the hardware the
committers own the following procedure might be reasonable:

- If the commit does not depend on platform/OS, for example, a patch
to some OS-independent Java API, he checks it only Windows with
definite configuration.

- If the commit may depend on the platform, for example, a patch to
the system-dependent native code, he checks it on Windows with
definite configuration and ask another committer to check it on other
system.

> Thanks,
> Mikhail

Thanks,