On 10/12/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Weldon Washburn wrote:
> On 10/12/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>> Weldon Washburn wrote:
>> > A word of caution to those who are committing C/C++ code.  There are
>> unique
>> > features of Microsoft C/C++ that will cause a build failure on Linux
>> and
>> > vice versa.  For example, gcc expects that the end of a C/C++ file is
>> > blank line.  Microsoft does not.
>>
>> That's gotta be a bug.  What version are you using?
>

> gcc 3.4.5.  If its a bug, its unlikely we will fix gcc or wait for gcc
> to be
> fixed.

Have you tried it on another version?
No I have not tried it on another version.  If Mike Ringrose is correct
about the ISO spec, the basic problem is that MSVC compiler is not ISO
compliant.  I have hit this specific problem multiple times over the years.
That is, code developed on windows laptop w/o a blank new line at the end
will not compile on gcc.

No I have not tried it on another version.  If Mike Ringrose is correct
about the ISO spec, the basic problem is that MSVC compiler is not ISO
compliant.  I have hit this specific problem multiple times over the years.
That is, code developed on windows laptop w/o a blank new line at the end
will not compile on gcc.

The real issue is that there are a bunch of "minor" incompatibilities
between MSVC and gcc.  I would not recommend holding one's breath waiting
for them to go away.  My approach to the above is to simply test on both
linux and windows before committing.

Weldon Washburn