this I can believe :)

Mike Ringrose wrote:
If I remember correctly doesn't gcc only issue a warning. I believe the ISO
C standard states that there shall be a new line at the end of a non-empty
file.

On 10/12/06, Weldon Washburn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 10/12/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Weldon Washburn wrote:
> > A word of caution to those who are committing C/C++ code.  There are
> unique
> > features of Microsoft C/C++ that will cause a build failure on Linux
and
> > vice versa.  For example, gcc expects that the end of a C/C++ file is
> > blank line.  Microsoft does not.
>
> That's gotta be a bug.  What version are you using?

gcc 3.4.5.  If its a bug, its unlikely we will fix gcc or wait for gcc to
be
fixed. The pragmatic approach would be to simply open the *.cpp files, go
to the bottom and hit the "return" key.  The point is simply beware that
committing even platform independent code may break the build/test on an
untested platform.  The biggest disconnect seems to be between (surprise)
windows and linux.  Testing on one of each will go a long way to reducing
problems.

> > To reduce svn HEAD problems, it would be great if committers can test
> all
> > commits on at least some windows box and some linux box.

> >> checked
> >>
> >> Since we have the problem with diversity of the hardware the
> >> committers own the following procedure might be reasonable:
> >>
> >> - If the commit does not depend on platform/OS, for example, a patch
> >> to some OS-independent Java API, he checks it only Windows with
> >> definite configuration.
> >>
> >> - If the commit may depend on the platform, for example, a patch to
> >> the system-dependent native code, he checks it on Windows with
> >> definite configuration and ask another committer to check it on other
> >> system.

> >> Thanks,
> >> Pavel
> >>

> >> --