Weldon Washburn wrote:

Have you tried it on another version?
No I have not tried it on another version.  If Mike Ringrose is correct
about the ISO spec, the basic problem is that MSVC compiler is not ISO
compliant. I have hit this specific problem multiple times over the years.
That is, code developed on windows laptop w/o a blank new line at the end
will not compile on gcc.

No I have not tried it on another version.  If Mike Ringrose is correct
about the ISO spec, the basic problem is that MSVC compiler is not ISO
compliant.  I have hit this specific problem multiple times over the years.
That is, code developed on windows laptop w/o a blank new line at the end
will not compile on gcc.

The real issue is that there are a bunch of "minor" incompatibilities
between MSVC and gcc.  I would not recommend holding one's breath waiting
for them to go away.  My approach to the above is to simply test on both
linux and windows before committing.

If it turns out to be a big deal, we can simply add a pre-commit target to the build that checks for things like that. It could also check for things like tabs. If possible, it could be a pre-commit hook for svn, but if not, in the build would be useful for those creating patches...