Hi,

I have an opposite concern: will the main trunk guarantee it always builds
and works on IPF.
IMO this will soon become critical for the IPF porting effort but will imply
passing certain pre-commit tests on IPF for any changes which potentially
affect working on this platform. Which relates to another discussion about
the list platforms to test each commit on.

The first stage of IPF porting effort will probably be porting classlibs and
running things in VM interpreter mode. Perhaps, it makes sense to keep
everything in the main trunk during this period. But later we will likely
want a separate branch.

--
Slava Shakin, Intel Middleware Products Division

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]