What an interesting discussion! I have just read this out. :)

IMHO, all of the discussion is focused on the scalability of
bazar-like development as it exists here in harmony incubator:

If something wrong is commited, then everyone has broken build or
something doesn't work. - This is bad. System is badly scalable. What
can we do here?

If build is broken, then the cause might be found by someone and
posted on harmony-dev. - This is good. And it has good scalability :)

--
Ivan

On 10/14/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Tim Ellison wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>> If it turns out to be a big deal, we can simply add a pre-commit target
>> to the build that checks for things like that.  It could also check for
>> things like tabs.  If possible, it could be a pre-commit hook for svn,
>> but if not, in the build would be useful for those creating patches...
>
> Jeepers!  Just hit return at the end of the file.  If you screw-up the
> build system will slap you, we don't need scripts to fix this for us
> during commit/build.

Hence... "if it turns out to be a big deal..."