Ivan Volosyuk wrote:
What an interesting discussion! I have just read this out. :)

IMHO, all of the discussion is focused on the scalability of
bazar-like development as it exists here in harmony incubator:

If something wrong is commited, then everyone has broken build or
something doesn't work. - This is bad. System is badly scalable. What
can we do here?

Over time, evolve to a system where a build distributor checks each commit before it's commited.

For now, we get good CI running all over the community so we know ASAP.

If build is broken, then the cause might be found by someone and
posted on harmony-dev. - This is good. And it has good scalability :)

--
Ivan

On 10/14/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Tim Ellison wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>> If it turns out to be a big deal, we can simply add a pre-commit target >> to the build that checks for things like that. It could also check for
>> things like tabs.  If possible, it could be a pre-commit hook for svn,
>> but if not, in the build would be useful for those creating patches...
>
> Jeepers!  Just hit return at the end of the file.  If you screw-up the
> build system will slap you, we don't need scripts to fix this for us
> during commit/build.

Hence... "if it turns out to be a big deal..."