Mikhail Fursov wrote:
Pavel, thanks
SUN passes both tests (with -Xcomp too), BEA(1.5) crashes as expected.Our VM
throws ClassCircularityError with both compilers and passes with
interpreter.
IMO we must add lazy resolution to both compilers in future. The reason: to

Hmm... this particular 'must' is questionable.
What I saw in the tests, is a simple infinite recursion.
One can alway do something similar with any JDK.

be able to run everything SUN runs.
The question is when?
My answer: H1 2007.

Other opinions?

Lazy resolution is not a silver bullet, and it's even a question whether it will help in these tests.

If Bea passes the test, then I presume there are no such tests in TCK, so this will not affect [possible further] compatibility testing.

As the behavior does not affect any real app as well - again, as the Bea shows - then I propose to postpone the fixing this 'bug'.

Just to avoid spending much efforts just to make a weird synthetic test pass. We may revisit the test later, when we'll have more resources and/or much shorter TODO list.

  Alex