Alex,

The process of detecting unused classloaders eligible for GC and
reclamation of its native resources we call here class unloading.

--
Ivan

On 10/27/06, Alex Blewitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
As a fairly obvious comment, all JSPs that are translated into classes
and then executed (or indeed, web apps that are deployed and then shut
down again) are exactly the kind of place that new classloaders are
created and then classes used. I'm not sure what you meant by 'class
unloading', and whether that was unrelated classes in the same
classloader, or when a classloader becomes eligible for GC() (and thus
all of its contents do too).

Alex.