Sian January wrote:
> I may be totally off track here, but how about just having two copies of
> all
> the files that differ?  I don't believe it would be that many, and it would
> save us from having complicated source files or having to use special tools
> or special IDE plug-ins.  For me the value of having clearly readable
> source
> code and being able to use an IDE out of the box outweighs any extra effort
> there may be with this solution.

I suspect that "two copies" might eventually become "three, four, five"
copies...  Also, having parrallel copies does not help when modifying
"shared" code in these copies.  Actually, it would be even worse than
using the normal branching feature of Subversion, as you wouldn't get
neat "svn merge" help...

Etienne