I thought we had it configured that when a JIRA is modified, the
reporter is notified directly... I'm not sure that really helps though. I wonder if we should just open things up a bit and let any user modify a JIRA and see what happens.

geir

Sian January wrote:
Hi,

I have just discovered that it's not possible for a contributor to set
"Patch available" on a JIRA unless they reported it.  (I'm not sure about
committers as I'm not one...)  I imagine this is to stop people coming in
and editing other details on the JIRA, so I can see that it makes sense. My
question is, what is the best thing to do if I attach a patch to a JIRA and
I can't set "Patch available"?  I can think of three alternatives at the
moment:

1. Assume that the reporter will notice and set it themselves (or commit the
fix if they're also a comitter)
2. E-mail the reporter privately
3. Post to the mailing list

Or a fourth alternative would be a combination of the above where the person
who contributed the patch waits a few days before doing either 2 or 3.  Any
thoughts on what would be best?

Thanks,

Sian