Egor Pasko wrote:
On the 0x222 day of Apache Harmony Geir Magnusson, Jr. wrote:
I thought we had it configured that when a JIRA is modified, the
reporter is notified directly...  I'm not sure that really helps
though. I wonder if we should just open things up a bit and let any
user modify a JIRA and see what happens.

reporters are notified, that's right

But what if <reporter>=<patch publisher>? Then someone still needs to
review. Sometimes, reporters are not familiar with the components
fixed, someone needs to pick up a review in this case too.

That's why I watch things I'm interested in.

I just look at all Harmony JIRA notifications. There are a lot, but
most can be safely skipped by subject.

Right - do a watch on the JIRAs you are interested in - they come to you directly, not to the project JIRA stream.

Sian January wrote:
Hi,
I have just discovered that it's not possible for a contributor to
set
"Patch available" on a JIRA unless they reported it.  (I'm not sure about
committers as I'm not one...)  I imagine this is to stop people coming in
and editing other details on the JIRA, so I can see that it makes
sense.  My
question is, what is the best thing to do if I attach a patch to a JIRA and
I can't set "Patch available"?  I can think of three alternatives at the
moment:
1. Assume that the reporter will notice and set it themselves (or
commit the
fix if they're also a comitter)
2. E-mail the reporter privately
3. Post to the mailing list
Or a fourth alternative would be a combination of the above where
the person
who contributed the patch waits a few days before doing either 2 or 3.  Any
thoughts on what would be best?
Thanks,
Sian