Bernie,
Thanks for your statement.  Even in these unspeakably terrible times, we
must be honest, true to ourselves, and to our intellects. For instance,
there can be no question regarding the standing of the authors you
mention.  Shutting ourselves into a box of "everyone who does not agree
completely with how I feel is an enemy" -- or is part of a plot against us
-- does not serve us well.

Madeleine Cohen Oakley
Melvin J. Berman Hebrew Academy
Rockville, MD

HaSafran - The Electronic Forum of the Association of Jewish Libraries
Submissions for HaSafran, send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SUBscribing, SIGNOFF commands send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Questions, problems, complaints, compliments;-) send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AJL HomePage http://www.JewishLibraries.org/