Hi.  I am a day school librarian in NJ.  I attended my first AJL convention
last year, had a wonderful time, and learned a lot.  I will hopefully be
going to Oakland in June, and Boston next year.

However, I would like to ask how the convention dates are decided.  The 3rd
week of June means that school is still in session, and I assume that is
true for many school librarians, not just me.  It seems that the scheduling
is not taking into consideration that missing the last week of school is
really bad timing, and I think you would get a higher school librarian
turnout if this were not the case.

I just wanted to mention this for future planning, since day school
librarians are an important part of AJL.

Thank you,

Karen Ulric
Librarian
Meislin Memorial Library
Solomon Schechter Day School of Essex & Union, Upper School
1418 Pleasant Valley Way
West Orange, NJ 07052
973-669-8000 x253
[EMAIL PROTECTED]