Am 01.07.2014 17:17, schrieb Al Matthews:

> Hello .. I find Haskell package-management to be a bit of a dark art.

Do you mean management as a maintainer or as a user?

For maintainers I wrote some scripts:
    http://hackage.haskell.org/package/cabal-scripts
    http://hackage.haskell.org/package/darcs-scripts

However, updating many packages for new major releases of basic packages
like 'transformers' or new Cabal features or new GHC features, still
costs lot of time.

As a user I have not tried cabal-dev and friends. I am just using
'cabal' and since there are so many versions of the packages and GHC
around, many packages are installed multiple times (in different package
and GHC versions) on my machine, such that the dependency hell hardly
occurs.

--

Read the whole topic here: Haskell Art:
http://lurk.org/r/topic/5IaQGgN0fuNugfHYLDkgSk