Hi Miguel,

I agree that this sounds right. In practice, what do you imagine that
implies in terms of system sprawl? I mean, I would imagine one is at least
tripling or quadrupling the Haskell footprint.

I'm afraid this is probably edging up to a general question about art
preservation maintenance. I don't mean to go off-topic.

But for instance, supposing one feels obligated to stash the OS as well --
say one works in a Linux that has a rolling release schedule -- then
infrastructure grows in turn.

At such point, I suppose one could archive snapshots of systems with little
Haskell environments per-piece. One VM could archive a number of pieces if
each were of a modest size.

Al

http://lurk.org/r/topic/6eW5THmbuNnfdSCNyK3c3u

To leave Haskell Art, email haskell-...@group.lurk.org with the following email