On Fri, 22 May 2015, Miguel Negrão wrote:

> On 22-05-2015 12:35, Henning Thielemann wrote:
>>
>> Have you connected the controller to the dump example using 'aconnect'
>> or 'patchage' or the like?
>>
>> E.g. I have to run:
>>
>> $ aconnect 'SAMSON Graphite 49' Haskell-Dump

> Ah, no I didn't do that (I have no idea of how alsa midi works, I only
> ever used MIDI from inside SuperCollider). Ok, after doing "aconnect
> 'nanoKONTROL' Haskell-Dump" I get input, so it seems to be working.
> Great !! I would prefer not to have to connect the nano to the program
> externally via bash, I suppose this can be done from inside the program
> also ? Would copying from these functions from reactive-balsa be the way
> to go ?

Sure, these are the right ones. Of course, you may omit the ReaderT stuff
for simplicity.

> My next step after having MIDI working was going to be connecting it to
> reactive-banana so reactive-balsa looks to be exactly I was hoping for
> !!!

reactive-balsa also contains several funny examples, e.g. a "left-handed
piano" and arpeggiators.

> Unfortunatelly it doesn't build currently[1] with the nix package
> manager (reactive-banana 0.7 vs 0.8, etc), so I will have to work a bit
> to get it to build...

I should upgrade to reactive-banana-0.8, however I started to split my
reactive stuff in reactive-midyim, reactive-jack and reactive-balsa and
did not complete it so far. :-(
--

Read the whole topic here: Haskell Art:
http://lurk.org/r/topic/7M5qnBOm6s2Wad1Oa9ZtvD