LamdaVM was the only full-fledged effort to port Haskell to the JVM, and like most graduate school projects, the project is now dead.

I have strong interest in hosting GHC on the JVM. And I suspect it would be good for the Haskell community, as the JVM already runs on nearly every machine known to man, has a wealth of cross-platform libraries, and is getting improved support for dynamic and functional languages (method handles, tail call).

Regards,

John A. De Goes
N-BRAIN, Inc.
http://www.n-brain.net