On 2008 Oct 11, at 12:07, David Leimbach wrote:
Are there, or have there been Haskell ports to the JVM? Are any of them alive and well?

YHC, last I heard, was alive and well and there's a YHC Core backend for the JVM.

Is there an interest in hosting GHC on the JVM (besides my own).

There's interest but my understanding is that the GHC backend architecture is not at all friendly to work with. That said, I hear in the next release (I think 6.12, not the 6.10 that's in beta) will have a redesigned backend architecture that is supposed to be much easier to work with, which will make it easier to provide native code generators for many currently poorly-served platforms --- including the JVM if anyone is so inclined.

You might want to ask on glasgow-haskell-users to get the people who really know.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]