From: Rob MacAulay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Keith Wansbrough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tuesday, August 10, 1999 8:39 AM
Subject: Re: Is their a *good* online tutorial and reference for Haskell?

To:             Kevin Atkinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Copies to:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: Is their a *good* online tutorial and reference for
Haskell?
Date sent:      Tue, 10 Aug 1999 10:51:57 +0100
From:           Keith Wansbrough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Keith Wansborough wrote :

> It would be a good idea for tutorial papers to be available in PDF
> format as well (and maybe even HTML if it doesn't look too ugly)...
> PostScript files are really only accessible to CS people-in-the-know;
> the average Anonymous Coward is not going to have Ghostscript installed
> on their system.

I agree entirely. I am lucky enough to be able to use Acrobat to
translate to PDF, but this will not be possible for most people.

Even after conversion to PDF, the fonts used in most PostScript
versions are unclear when viewed on-screen, though they do print
acceptably. Presumably, this is because they were originally
authored in TeX systems, and then translated to PostScript.

Rob MacAulay

Rob MacAulay              Vulcan Asic    ___________
email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]               \    |####/
http  : www.vulcanasic.com                \   |###/
Tel   +[44] 1763 247624      (direct)      \  |##/
Tel   +[44] 1763 248163      (office)       \ |#/
Fax   +[44] 1763 241291                      \|/